Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?

We spent just about the whole weekend outside. On Saturday, we went to J&T's pool to celebrate my mom's birthday. The weather was perfect for swimming and the kids spent all day in the pool. When we first got in, I think H. forgot how to swim from last year. She wouldn't let go of me, but about 10 minutes later, it all came back to her and she turned into a little fish. She was jumping off the steps and can kick her way across the width of the pool. We didn't leave until 6:30pm, which means we didn't get home until 7:30pm and we still had to get everything ready for Sunday at Sesame Place. Somehow, H. stayed awake the entire ride home, even though she didn't have a nap and must have been exhausted from the sun and swimming. It was for the best, though, because she desperately needed a bath.

We were up bright and early Sunday morning and W. and her daughter M. arrived at about 8:30am. We were on the road by 9am, with the girls happily watching "The Lion King" in the backseat. We arrived at Sesame Place right at 11am and it was very crowded. We got the last space in the preferred parking lot, and then headed out to brave the heat and the crowds. Our plan was to do the non-water rides first, and then we ate lunch, watched the birthday parade, then changed into our bathing suits to hit the water rides. We were so hot and sweaty at this point that I ignored my usual dislike of very public swimming pools and cooled off. The pictures of H. with Elmo and Big Bird are in Wendy's camera, since both of us had to accompany our little ones to sit with the characters. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done it at all.

On Monday, H. started "school" at the new daycare/preschool. She did great, just like I thought she would. She went through three pairs of training pants, but made it through the afternoon dry. On Tuesday, she only needed to be changed once. I think she was already adjusted this morning because when I dropped her off and was lingering before leaving she told me, "You can go to work now, Mommy." What was I worried about?