Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

On the Road Again

I drove over 500 miles this weekend! I took a half-day off from work on Friday to drive to S’s and we went into Philly to see the George Strait concert, with opening acts Miranda Lambert and Tracy Lawrence. The show was awesome and our seats were excellent! George Strait was on stage for just about two hours; he could have sung for hours more as far as I'm concerned. We hadn't seen Tracy Lawrence in concert for ages and he was still as good as ever.

I spent the night at S’s and drove home Saturday morning, getting home around 2pm. I didn’t have time to stop and check out the new Cereality on the PA Turnpike, but I definitely will the next time. I was home long enough to go to the grocery store, then I had to get cleaned up and M. and I went to my work’s holiday party. We weren’t going to go this year since I already knew how busy I was this weekend, but with the fire and everything, I thought it would be a good idea to go. We actually had a good time and stayed until about 9:30. H. spent the night at my mom and dad’s, so it was strange being in the house without her Saturday night.

I was up bright and early Sunday morning to drive halfway back to Philly for my college friend D’s baby shower in West Chester. The shower was a very nice event and she received a ton of cute little boy clothes. My thoughts will be with her all day on Wednesday when she’s induced. I made it back home around 3:30pm, just a few minutes after my parents and K&K had arrived with H.. I missed her so much! I hadn’t seen her since I dropped her off at school Friday morning. Everyone stayed for dinner, which I threw in the crockpot before I left for the shower – perfect!

I haven’t done this much driving in a long time. I had lots of thinking time, listened to some CDs I hadn’t listened to in awhile (including all George Strait and Tracy Lawrence on the way to Philly on Friday to get me in the mood) and also came up with a cool idea for a new scrapbook. I need to flesh it out a little bit more, then I’ll share.

0 comments: